Subject: Re: [Leica] Street shooting
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 09:09:57 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/99 5:15:18 AM, anthony@atkielski.com writes:

<<That's why I got an M6.  The M6 does not give me any technical capability
that
my Nikon SLR does not, but nobody stares at the M6, whereas they invariably
look
with suspicion upon the Nikon.  It thus allows me to take pictures that I
might
not otherwise be able to take.

While it's certainly true that the Leica M cameras are less obtrusive I've
come to the conclusion over the years that the chief determanent of camera
awareness/awkwardness on the part of the subject is the photographer himself.
I can't describe it but if a photographer goes to work with little fanfare
and complete ease with what he's doing and his equipment the subject seems to
settle down much more quickly -- no matter what camera the photographer is
using.

Bob McEowen