Subject: Re: [Leica] Curtain problem or what? Need your help!
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:41:06 -0200

At 10:37 PM 20/09/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I suspect a curtain misalignment if this is possible. If not I don't have
>any idea.
>
>I will send back my M4-P to Kindermann, hoping they can find an answer to this.
>
>Any of you have an idea? Has this happened to some of you?
>
>Thanks for your feedback,
>
>Jacques Leonard
>designer
>===============

        Bonjour Jacques,

        This is most likely an adjustment on the shutter "spool"(?)
I had a similar problem with a used M6 I purchased. A quick trip back to
Vistek (Toronto) with a few sample slides and it was fixed.

I'd suggest sending it back to Kindermann (if it was less then a year since
your CLA they may do it for free) with a few sample of the problem.

good luck,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
http://www.straylight.ca/locke
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm