Subject: [Leica] Street shooting
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 07:16:19 +0100

> Indeed, I would go so far as to argue that it is the single most important
> style of photography for Leica rangefinders, in so far as it would be all
> but impossible with cameras such as the big, modern SLRs.

For me it's the raison d'etre of the M-series.

Anyone who would like to know more about street photography might want to
check out the excellent BYSTANDER volume, edited by Joel Meyerowitz, I
think. It has a terrific collection of pictures and essays, and a great
dialogue at the end in which Joel describes shooting in the streets with
Gary Winogrand and Lee Friedlander in the early sixties... fascinating.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"Continued eloquence wearies" - Pascal