Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure problem
From: "A.H.SCHMIDT" <horsts@actek.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:53:11 +1000

- --------------FD4CE88F1E4F6A587A64A61C

Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> [...]

  What a load of garbage.   Your Statement:    " In practice, however, when you move
manufacturing abroad, you do _not_get the same quality "  is totally wrong.

When you say" Abroad, you sound like you don't really " Abroad", but third world
countries.  What would you call 3rd world countries? Taiwan?  Singapore ? Portugal?
Scotland? Well............

Where do you think most of the electronic computer components American, German, or
other "non abroad"  countries have developed are manufactured? Abroad as you call
it.
These components are to the same high standards as if they are made in the
originating country.
If you consider Leitz and Canada. Many Leitz lenses originated in Canada and where
later also manufactured in Germany. Would you call the German made products inferior
because they where made abroad (with respect to Canada)?

Look at companies like Adidas, Hugo Boss, IBM, National Semiconductor, Hewlett
Packard, Nike. The list goes on and on. Do you think this companies accept and then
sell rubbish ?
It just depends on the Quality assurance. Nothing else  Don't forget, People in
other countries are not all sloppy workers.  If  This is your attitude, then, this
days, you are extremely restricted to what you can by.

You are of course saying, that all the Leica lenses available today, which contain
glass
made in Japan (Abroad) are of inferior Quality. Then I would suggest, you by only
lenses made in Japan, they are not made Abroad. At least from the Japanese point of
view.

Regards, Horst Schmidt.

.

- --------------FD4CE88F1E4F6A587A64A61C

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Anthony Atkielski wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>From: Eric Welch &lt;ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
<BR>Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 19:26
<BR>Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure problem

<P>> If Leica is building sub-assemblies in Portugal, who cares?

<P>Nobody, as long as they are built identically to those built entirely
in
<BR>Germany.&nbsp; In practice, however, when you move manufacturing abroad,
you do _not_
<BR>get the same quality.

<P>&nbsp; -- Anthony</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp; What a load of garbage.&nbsp;&nbsp; Your Statement:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
" <B>In practice, however, when you move manufacturing abroad, you do _not_get
the same quality "</B>&nbsp; is totally wrong.

<P>When you say" Abroad, you sound like you don't really " Abroad", but
third world countries.&nbsp; What would you call 3rd world countries? Taiwan?&nbsp;
Singapore ? Portugal?
<BR>Scotland? Well............
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Where do you think most of the electronic computer components American,
German, or other "non abroad"&nbsp; countries have developed are manufactured?
Abroad as you call it.
<BR><B>These components are to the same high standards as if they are made
in the originating country.</B>
<BR>If you consider Leitz and Canada. Many Leitz lenses originated in Canada
and where later also manufactured in Germany. Would you call the German
made products inferior because they where made abroad (with respect to
Canada)?

<P>Look at companies like Adidas, Hugo Boss, IBM, National Semiconductor,
Hewlett Packard, Nike. The list goes on and on. Do you think this companies
accept and then sell rubbish ?
<BR>It just depends on the Quality assurance. Nothing else&nbsp; Don't
forget, People in other countries are not all sloppy workers.&nbsp; If&nbsp;
This is your attitude, then, this days, you are extremely restricted to
what you can by.

<P>You are of course saying, that all the Leica lenses available today,
which contain glass
<BR>made in Japan (Abroad) are of inferior Quality. Then I would suggest,
you by only lenses made in Japan, they are not made Abroad. At least from
the Japanese point of view.
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Regards, Horst Schmidt.

<P>.</HTML>