Subject: Re: [Leica] What I did today
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:42:04 +0200

From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 19:44

> No it's just wildly inflamed inaccurate statements like
> this travelling like wildfire through word of mouth that
> make them think that, and that the news media is the basis
> of all of society's problems.

I've never encountered anyone who came to believe that the Net was filled with
child pornography via word of mouth.  They always say that they heard it on the
news.  I've seen formal analyses of media reports that clearly demonstrate a
tendency to continually emphasize pornography when speaking of the Internet in
such reports.

  -- Anthony