Subject: [Leica] Focomat question
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:33:10 +0100

I have a bastardised Focomat 1c with a Nikkor lens and one of those
extension tube thingies. I have set up the autofocus as best I can,
following a photocopied instruction manual. It works, kind of.

Two questions:

1)    Is the autofocus designed for a particular lens, or length of lens?
Should I really buy a Focotar?

2)    How do other people manage VC on Focomat 1c? I have a clumsy
arrangement using Ilford below-the-lens filters, but it's ugly, man, ugly
ugly UGLY.

3)    Completely unrelated. Film scanners for proofing, anyone?
- --
Johnny Deadman

"Never run after your own hat. Others will be delighted to do it - why spoil
their fun?" - Mark Twain