Subject: [Leica] RE: What I did today -- GET A LIFE
From: Joel Ohle <j_ohle@fetchmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:14:01 0100

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 09:52:43 -0400<br>
Spaketh kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)<br>
About What I did today -- GET A LIFE<br <br>
> I haven't finished reading all my digests- so I'm sure that you've been
> flamed for this off handed comment of yours! But, just in case: FLAME
ON!!!<br>
> I can speak from knowing B.D. and seeing his work- he's quite an
> accomplished photographer- whether you can prove the same would be
> interesting.  B.D. is also a gentleman, not some obnoxious boor.
> Realizing that you hail from the 'Bastion of Civilization' perhaps it  irks
> you that someone felt srongly enough to comment upon 'civilized
> behaviour'.... however, I don't see B.D. as " defining and defending
> Western  civilization",  perhaps you are of the school of Papparazzi, and
> this viewpoint offends your work habits.<br>
You use the term papparazzi as if it were a perjorative term.  Do you have a
problem with aggressive entrepeneural photojournalist earning a living???  I
always like discussions of privacy and ethics from a culture where the highlight
include web-cams in the mall and God only knows where else.<br>
> The very point of someone saying to someone on the LUG  "Why is it, though,
> that I get the impression you are not a photographer???" is rather
> ridiculous- we come here because we have a common interest: PHOTOGRAPHY!!<br>
An interest in photography does not a photographer make.  Preachers preach,
photographers get the picture and sometimes better than preachers.<br>

> Perhaps some of us are amatuers, some of us are professionals (this is how
> I earn my living-
> how about you?), but I would venture to say that all of us are
> photographers. Some of us are just idiots as well.<br><br>

Being a photographer does not preclude one from being an idiot as well --- just
a well seeing idiot.<br><br>

Joel C. Ohle

Sent via Fetchmail - free email service at http://www.fetchmail.com