Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Recomemdations for M6 Camera Tripod
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:18:47 -0700

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>

> Does anyone  else make CF tripods?

After much search I found a used a 1228 for a very reasonable price. I find
that the difference in weight between it and its metal counterparts is not
great enough to justify the high price. Also, I am not too concerned about
the vibration factor in metal tripods.
I am sure that carbon fiber is superior to metal in that respect, but is the
difference measured in inches or microns? At times we do take things to
extremes.

Were it not for the low price of my 1228, I would not have bought it.

Joseph Codispoti