Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Recomemdations for M6 Camera Tripod
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:12:21 +0400

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

> I'd love a Gitzo CF tripod too, except for how much they cost. Someday
> I'll spring for it.
>
> CF tripods are very light, almost too light in some circumstances,
> though. How do you stabilize the tripod so it doesn't fall over so
> easily?

Hang a camera bag down from the center.

I'm not thrilled with the CF tripods of Gitzo, I must say. I don't own
one, though I gave it some serious thought. What I don't like it that
the leg-elements don't fall down when loosened. That makes it quite a
job to set the thing up. I could see myself overcoming the high price if
it weren't for the extra time I'll have to spend setting it up. I'm
sticking to my metal Manfrotto.

Does anyone  else make CF tripods?

Bernard