Subject: [Leica] New to list
From: "Dr Jonathan Slade" <jonnyslade@mcmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:48:36 +0100

I have recently joined this list following a recent purchase of an M3.
Unfortunately my new love of my life let me down this weekend and I have had
to return to the shop for repairs.
I wondered whether any other users had experienced the same illness that
afflicts my M3?
Without film in, all appears well, on loading a film initially all was well
until about frame 20 when at 1/250th the shutter release had no resistance
and the shutter wouldn't fire. Then a few seconds later when I touched the
rewind lever, or moved the camera it fired with what sounded like an
appropriate speed. This situation persisted until I removed the film
(despite very carefull winding on etc), when it cured itself. My anxieties
stem from the fact that it is ok now and I am dreading the camera being
returned saying that there is no fault!
Please advise!

Jonathan Slade