Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V11 #85
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:55:24 +0200

From: Johnny Deadman <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 1999 22:48
Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V11 #85

> Anyone who asks me can always have a copy of the photo
> in question ...

What percentage of people actually ask for a copy?

> ... and I will always explain who I am and what I am doing.

What purpose do you give them in explanation?  What _is_ your purpose, usually
(journalism, personal interest, or what)?

> Two of them were on drugs, and a third was selling
> stolen goods.

I've noticed that I can isolate people engaged in questionable activities by
pointing a camera at them, even if I would not have otherwise known.  I can tell
which immigrants are illegal by which ones hide their face or scamper out of the
frame when they see me taking a picture.  I'm not exactly sure what they fear;
even if they are completely illegal, a photograph of them proves nothing, except
that they happened to be standing there at the time.

  -- Anthony