Subject: Re: [Leica] What I did today
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 07:27:03 +0200

From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 19, 1999 19:32

> There's a weird phenomenon that goes on: You try to take
> someone's picture, they object, you cajole, they sometimes
> relent ... then when you have some prints, they beg for
> them, pass them around to friends, and all the while say
> how awful they look...

In most people, vanity gains the upper hand once they realize that you are not a
child pornographer or a blackmailer.

> I've only rarely had a problem with people who adamantly
> insisted that I not take their picture, and I think it's
> the only courteous thing to do by apologizing for the
> trouble and backing off.

I generally do not photograph people at all, especially with the F5.  They tend
to always assume the worst, and if you actually ask them, they are likely to say
"no."  After all, in the absence of proof to the contrary, most people will
assume that you are a child pornographer or a blackmailer.

  -- Anthony