Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure problem
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 12:51:49 +0400

Art Sala wrote:

> Its unfortunate for a new M user to start new out of the box with any
> problem.  I'm sure Leica will make it right and you'll forgive them
> and enjoy many years using a very special camera.  As frustrating as
> you may feel now, It will be worth the effort in end.

It was just a false alarm. The camera is fine. The owner just forgot how
to meter, after being exposed to the F5 for too long a period of time.
It's alright, the M6 works. Everybody sit back and relax, now. This
whole story makes me feel like I'm peeking on the 35-mm equipment group
of Usenet. That's eternal newbie-wasteland; "why won't my SLR meter with
the lenscap on", "why is my camera black on the inside", and "is Sigma
as good as Zeiss". Only they spell it "Ziess" over there, and talk a lot
about "Cannon". I've already seen "lens" spelled as "lense" on the LUG,
btw.

Bernard