Subject: Re: [Leica] Consistent underexposure problem
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 10:48:26 EDT

Wonderful postings on metering and determining proper exposure by Harrison
and Godfrey!  I am saving them for my customers to read when they don't
understand the difference between incident and reflected light meter readings.
Reading this last response from Anthony, I think you are still confused by
the difference as well.  You say you bought the spot meter because it sees
the subject the way the camera does, especially for subjects in the distance.
 This is not entirely true.  The incident meter is probably better for
distant subjects because it measures the light falling on the subject,
assuming that the light falling on your subject and you are the same.  After
all, sunlight has traveled approx. 96 million miles to the earth, so a mile
or two between the photographer and the subject won't much matter. Again,
this assumes that the photographer isn't standing in the shade, or he subject
isn't under a cloud!

Bill Rosauer