Subject: RE: [Leica] RE: staged footage
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 08:06:44 +0100

Roger,
My guess is that a bit of both is going on. Producers don't want to look
'nerdy', inserting a caption declaring, 'Reconstruction', over every piece
of small action the camera man couldn't catch during the actuality. I'm
sure that departments that didn't do such captioning previously will wish
not to do so now, but the fact that the new rules were issued purposefully
throughout the BBC suggests that it is those departments who should now be
newly implementing them.
My guess is that unless the reconstructions actually form a sequence
(however producers might define that) they will be unlikely to be
captioned.

Jem