Subject: [Leica] Explanations and apologies
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:25:21 -0400

Hi LUGnuts!

A quick explanation of my extended absence:  On August 20th, my house
received a direct lightning strike.  I wasn't home at the time but my
computer, televisions, air-conditioning system, fax machine, telephones
were and they were all destroyed!  My computer is still at Dell being
repaired.  I'm sending this using my son's computer.  He was evacuated from
the College of Charleston for Hurricane Floyd and brought his computer home
with him.  I immediately set it up and checked my e-mail.  I have over
10,000 messages!!  I won't get around to reading them before he takes his
computer back to Charleston tonight but I thought I'd at least send y'all
an explanation and apology for not answering any e-mail you might have sent
me.

I am calling Dell every day to urge them to get my computer back to me.  I
have gotten so computer-dependent that I can't do anything without it.  I
just got back from Guatemala on Tuesday and would love to put some of the
new photos on my website, but that will have to wait.

I hope you are all behaving in my absence.  I miss you and hope to be back
soon.  If any of you have any influence with Dell, please harrass them on
my behalf!

Leically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP