Subject: Re: [Leica] Seriously, folks (long).
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 06:32:44 -0700

Johnny,

I've always had a question about "documentary" war footage - especially WWII
naval battles. I'm always amazed at the wonderful sound effects that
accompany these films. Screaming airplanes, deafening explosions,
anti-aircraft fire, etc. It seems to me that this stuff was all shot with
"silent" cameras, certainly not with microphones positioned to get the type
of effects heard on the finished film.

Obviously, the sound effects are added to a lot of this footage. How do
others feel about this? Isn't adding an audio element just as ethically
questionable as adding a visual element?

Bryan