Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 15mm lens & new camera
From: Gwpics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 02:10:02 EDT

I have just been offered the opportunity to borrow the Cosina/Voigtlander
15mm lens for the weekend with a view to purchase. The views of others on the
LUG have been very interesting, thanks.

The rep tells me that they intend to introduce a new Leica screw camera soon
which has a rangefinder (the current model, if you recall, has no viewfinder)
together with a range of Leica screw lenses.  They have obviously identified
a new resurgence in this type of photography, possibly coupled with the
resurgence of monochrome, which the other manufactures have yet to latch on
to (if indeed it is there).

Could we see the Japs beat Leica at their own game, under the 'Germanic' name
of Voigtlander in the UK?

Gerry