Subject: Re: [Leica] Do you have a name?
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:36 +0100 (BST)

A.H.SCHMIDT wrote:

> It amazes me, that some people don't find it necessary or are not
> capable to
> sign off their Email with a proper name. I can only assume, that those
> people are to stupid to remember their own name.  I would seriously
> suggest
> to all the LUGers which remember their names and sign off accordingly
> not to
> respond  and to totally ignore any email which is not signed. After all,
> most people would not take an  unsigned (anonymous) letter serious.

What a bizarre thing to say.

Even if you had *not* included your name on the last line, your email
would not have been "anonymous", because it says "From: "A.H.SCHMIDT"
<horst.schmidt@actek.com.au> at the top of your email!

The extra sign off may suite some, but calling people who don't choose to
do it "to stupid to remember their own name" is...well...words fail me.

David Morton
dmorton@journalist.co.uk