Subject: [Leica] Re: Companion Lens to 35/2 ASPH +
From: "Joseph E. Hayes" <jeh50@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 16:28:42 -0700

I am thinking about a companion lens for my 35/2 ASPH...any suggestions
about what would be best?

As to the recent comments about Leica service in the US...in the
beginning of the summer, i dropped the aforementioned 35M lens and
jammed the focusing ring...thinking that it was still covered by a
warranty (bought in Dec. 98 in a camera store in NYC), I sent it in.

I later received a notice that it would cost $150 to repair...the
reasoning...it was a grey market purchase and therefore not covered by
the warranty...Since it is my only lens, i paid it...cheaper than buying
a new one...

Anyway, a Leica lens should covered by its warranty regardless...it is
supposed to be part of the lore...

Joe Hayes