Subject: RE: [Leica] The changing face of the Lug
From: jon honeyball <jhoneyball@woodleyside.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:11:12 +0100

>>Mr Gandy is not the first, nor will he be the
last to make statements to this effect. David Morton is correct is
insisting that information with a high journalistic content should be
treated as such. It is however anybody's personal responsibility to
mix fact and fiction. And anybody may note this mix and deplore it.
I prefer to read that someone assumes on available information that a
new M model will be announced in the near future. Any stronger
statement cannot be proven in a documented way.<<

Quite so

And here is a thought to ponder. If someone on here states "The M7 has been
announced" as if it is fact, then I can guarantee one thing -- sales of M6
will fall through the floor. If the announcement is incorrect, then there
are a lot of jobs and families at Solms et alia resting on this.

Responsibility for seperating fact from opinion and speculation rests solely
on the shoulders of s/he who posts.

Jon