Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:E. Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:36:06 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/99 3:26:50 PM, harrison@mcclary.net writes:

<< On a different note I was talking to a very good friend of mine in
Houston (he is also a photographer) just a few minutes ago and he
mentioned that his assistant worked with Eddie Adams last week.  Said his
assistant was a little dissapointed as most "big name" photographers
travel with a big entorge and a big set up of lights....Eddie showed up
just himself, one case of lights and one case for camera gear...travels
very light.  Said he was a supper nice fellow and good to work with. >>

I met him a bunch of years ago. He was judging some photo contest (Military
Photographer of the Year maybe) at my college. He got in quite a run in with
Ken Kobre, the head of the program at the time over some photo. It was
actually pretty entertaining to watch. Eric would probably understand what I
mean . . .