Subject: Re: [Leica] Divided Development (addendum)
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:00:23 -0700

Bill Larsen wrote:

> Johnny Deadman (and if you haven't looked at www.jukebox.demon.co.uk yet, you
> should) writes:
>
> |Suffice to say that edge effects are inevitably enhanced when there is no
> |developer available in solution, and the only developer is therefore going
> |to be that adsorbed at the site in question or in adjoining areas of the
> |neg.
> |

> Many thanks for the posts.  I am now ordering a bulk loader so I can load a
> bunch of 6-frame rolls to experiment with.  In the past, I have had varied
> results trying to produce Mackie lines using a split of fresh D-76 and
> exhausted D-76.  I think you might have suggested a way to get more controlled
> results (since I am never sure of how exhausted the D-76 is).
>
> Regards, Bill Larsen
> ohlen@lightspeed.net

D-76 1:3 will give you such mackie lines that if you print full frame blace
border there will be a white border inside your black border. a tradeoff
Also Rodinal 1:100.
the above from direct experince
Most developers in a more dilute version.
with extence use of determining my dilution of D-23 I diluted intill that makie
lines took over the picture and then went back a step.
Mark Rabiner