Subject: Removing frame lines (Was RE: [Leica] Introduction and Questions)
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:21:49 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:
> If I were to generalize my preferences, they would be (a)
> single frameline,
> (b) maximum possible VF magnification for the focal length used.

This hints at a question I've had for a while.  Is it possible to have a VF
modified to remove specific frame lines?  I'm thinking that I'd prefer my M6
finder without the 75 or 135 frames.  Could someone like Reinhold do this,
or does the structure of the masking mechanism preclude it?

Paul Chefurka