Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and TTL Flash Advice Please
From: Jeffcoat Photography <jeffcoatphoto@sumter.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:23:00 -0400

With the R-8 you need the Metz MZ40-3i, you want this in the kit for as it
has the needed adapter to integrate the strobe to the electronics of the
R-8. The MZ40-2 will work but I think only in the auto mode not TTL (could
be wrong, and maybe the adapter for the 3i will make the 2 work but don't
know that for a fact.) Another fine thing is the 3i works with the ROM zooms
to auto zoom to the correct focal length and it will also cover a 20 mm
lens. It has a longer stretch and more power than the SB-28 of "N" fame.
Cheers Wilber