Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:E. Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Steve Craft <Steve.Craft@valpo.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:24:04 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Loan ran a restaurant in Richmond VA for sometime until his
death in the last 2-3 years from cancer I believe.  I
vaguely recall that Adams defended Loan's actions, saying
that there had been intense fighting in the area with the
South Vietnamese taking heavy casualties. Adams discussed
the photo in an article that he wrote for PARADE Magazine
back in 1983 entitled "The Pictures that Burn in my
Memory," but I don't remember what he said about the
picture.

Steve Craft

Dr. Stephen G. Craft
Valparaiso University