Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Plastic Aspheric Lens Elements
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:33:12 -0500

At 07:49 PM 9/13/99 +0000, Art Sala wrote:
>I heard that Zeiss is the only lens manufacturer that has the ability
>to grind glass aspheric elements.

Not correct. Leica uses two Aspheric grinding machines, so I've heard. One
at their old plant in Midland, and one in Solms. That they were greatly
overloaded with grinding aspherics was one of the reasons the APO Summicron
M 90 mm ASPH took so long to finally come out.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Be nice to people on your way up because you'll need them on your way down.
- -W. Migner