Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 motor thoughts - Batteries
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 00:09:39 -0500

At 04:47 PM 9/13/99 -0600, Tim Atherton wrote:
>Hmm - is this another piece of "Leica" genius that is supposed to discourage
>professionals from using the system?
>
>I would seriously consider switching to leica R's for my SLR's if it wasn't
>for idiocy like this.

Whatever for? I find this to be a wonderful thing. The Nikon F5 runs on
NiMH battery pack. It is so superior to AA batteries that I only hoped
Leica would have the brains to follow suit. I just hope the price includes
the battery pack and charger. Which, for the F5, run nearly $500 USD! The
battery was something like $135, the charger being the more expensive part.
If one battery lasts for a month, then there's no need to carry more than
two batteries. Way better than packets of AAs.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Politics: Poli (many) - tics (blood sucking parasites)