Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Fuji mailers
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:28:42 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from leica: 14-Sep-99 [Leica] Re: Fuji mailers
cmadigan@top.monad.net (599*)

> My wife and I are headed to Italy in two weeks and I will be ordering 20
> -30 rolls of Fuji Velvia (sure keeps reminding me of Velveeta). I see
> that B&H photo in New York offers mailers for processing (either FP or
> KP, which I take to be Kodak for a buck/roll more). ANy one have
> experience with their processing or recommendations for a good
> processor?

Caveat empetor! Over the past 6 months or so I have used eight or ten
Fuji mailers. Based on that experience I cannot recommend them because
they consistently scratch the films. Their only possible virtue is the
low cost. Realize, too, that you are limited to using their Phoenix,
Arizona, processiong plant. While that is evidently not the only site
which does E6, it is Fuji's only site (in the United States) which deals
with the mailers.

Least anyone be questioning whether my cameras are scratching films,
allow me to add that when I take films to my local professional E6 lab
they *never* return scratched films.

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble