Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: E. Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:10:03 -0500

At 08:04 AM 9/13/99 -0400, Paul Schiemer wrote:
>I saw someone here comment earlier that the 'military' confiscated Adams
>film to 'determine the speed of the bullet'- which is kind of odd. How could
>they do that with a single frame, or even a sequence of still frames??
>
>Maybe that 'same footprint' thing is due to cropping?

I doubt the army confiscation story. I've read Adam's version of the story
several times, and there was never any mention of it. But who knows? Is
there a reliable source for this? Besides, I don't remember seeing the
bullet in the picture.

And there is no wonder they look alike, they're of the same event! Is that
so hard to figure? In Vietnam, there were lots of journalists all over the
place.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.