Subject: [Leica] R8 winder
From: "Richard W. Hemingway" <rheming@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 15:42:11 -0500

Luggers,

I have been thinking of getting a winder for my R8 and have discussed this
with several luggers.  I'm not usre that I want the 10 oz extra weight.
One question I have is that I was looking at the Leica web site and the
specs on the winder.  It seems that to turn it on you have to pull out the
manual advance lever and leave it out???  Since I also have to focus with
my left eye - won't this poke into my right eye??? (and no I don't want a
motor drive)

Thanks,

Dick Hemingway
Plano, Tx