Subject: Respect and civility, was: RE: [Leica] M7 at 2000's Photokina!!!
From: "Stewart, Alistair" <AStewart@gigaweb.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:08:18 -0400

Mark,

You discredit yourself (again, but far worse this time) with this posting.
Stephen's website has been a reliable source of interesting and hard to find
information on Leica and other brands for some considerable period of time.
Sometimes he even makes the odd grammatical (and very rarely, factual) error
- - but he's only human.

Your stated ignorance of his name doesn't make his relevance to Leica users,
and his expertise, go away.

Please grow up and control your emotions like an adult before posting
needlessly inflammatory responses like this. Why assume the worst of
someone, without giving them the benefit of the doubt?  Is that how you'd
like to be treated?

Stephen, Erwin, Bill, Marc, Ted, Tina, Eric et al. all have expertise in
various areas of collecting and using Leicas, and Leica history (and also
many other aspects of photography). All are men and women of integrity. That
notwithstanding, Erwin's integrity was recently questioned in the most
insulting and demeaning manner. The resulting brouhaha was not good for the
group. Let's not go down the same vituperative path with Stephen.

How about a nice humble apology, genuinely offered? Take away a lesson
learnt about respect and civility.

best of light,

Alistair