Subject: Re: [Leica] Plastic Aspheric Lens Elements
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 16:29:46 -0700

Dan Cardish wrote:

> Leica uses glass in its ASPH lenses.  They *may* use plastic in their
><Snip> stic elements.
>
> And I am not sure if it is fair to call them 'plastic elements'.  They are
> a thin aspherically molded plastic resin element  attached to a glass element.
>
> Dan C.
>
><Snip>
I think when the guy comes up to Dustin Hoffman in "The Graduate" and puts his
hand on his shoulder and says "Plastics!" he should have said "resin." I don't
know what I would do without the stuff. Is it from pine trees. My darkroom sink
does not leak and it's been 6 years. It coats it and keeps it together!
Mark Rabiner