Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Black vs. silver
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 23:27:15 +0400

Ted Grant wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Now you know what's going to happen?  The marketing guys in Solms are
> going
> to create a new special edition black paint version, "Look like a
> seasoned
> Pro, get your very own  "Brassy edge" look M6!"
>
> "For an extra $1000 we'll give you the camera with the "I've worked
> the
> hell holes of the world and my Leica has never let me down! :) Save
> all
> that travel, danger and wear off time, get it brassy right out of the
> box!"
> :)

I'd buy something like that. Not for an extra $1,000, but for somewhere
around the normal price, I would. See, I just hate to be the one to put
that first and second and third (and so on, untill there's so many you
can't count them anymore) scratch on a new camera. I'd love my cameras
to look beat up, but not really be so. It would make it so much nicer to
work worry-free with those tools, and besides that, I think that those
brassed cameras look much classier than new stuff.

Bernard