Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Tilley Hats!
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 15:16:43 EDT

Tim:

It's wonderful being middle-aged.  At this point you get to do what you want,
wear what you want and don't care what anyone thinks.  What really looks
weird is to wear your photo vest that hangs down below the bottom of your
shorts with a Tilley hat on your head.  Almost looks like a flasher costume.
Great outfit with your Birkenstocks.  God it's fun being in the 50's.

Bob

<< Speaking as a Canadian (well, sort off), I can think of nothing more
 embarrassing than seeing the Canadian Military all decked out in Tilley hats
 during the Gulf War - looked like a complete bunch of nerds!

 Travelling round Central America recently, you could always spot a middle
 aged Canadians from 2000 paces - nerdy Tilley hat.

 I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything more Geeky - and people pay big
 bucks to look like that!  ;-)

 (time for my Nomex underwear now I guess...)

 Tim A >>