Subject: [Leica] Re: What does ROM do?
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:54:57 -0700

Somebody stop me if I'm incorrectly paraphrasing this...

At the LHSA annual meeting in Tucson, several years ago, they
were obviously talking up the, either about to be introduced or
just introduced R8, with demo units to fondle.

The ROM strip has, it seems one or two contacts that are not
currently used. Leica personnel said that it/they were for the
future AF model, thus giving credibility to the stories about an AF
version being "just down the road".

Let's see, that was what, 4 years ago, and "down the road" hasn't
happened yet, but what the heck, they were saying that the motor
drive for it was less than a year off at that time. Maybe their
clocks works differently than ours.

I was brand new to Leica at that time so may be a bit off in
details, but I think I've gotten close in the above.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

    Nothing worse could happen to one than to be completely understood.
                -- Carl Jung