Subject: [Leica] was- R future now future!:)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 20:23:38 -0700

drodgers@nextlink.com wrote:

<<<<<<I'd be interested to know how many people own both an R7 and and R8,
and which they use more often. That's usually a pretty good indication of
which body they like more.>>>>>>>>

I use both at the moment.  I use the R8 more than the R7 only because I
haven't been shooting anything that requires a motor to rapid advance the
film, like sports or other active action. And the winder has worked quite
well..

Having just finished a shoot on senior citizens, you'll appreciate the use
of the R8 with winder over the R7 and motor! :)  Re: NO ACTION! :)

Hey come on you guys and gals, I was breathing Faster than most of them and
I'm 70!  Like this was one stage away from a slow motion movie, This shoot
really didn't need auto anything! :)

No reflection on the "old folks" inability to breathe and move at the same
time.

After all, I did tell you about the "old timer" who who was 102 and
previously owned a Leica before he was captured by a German panzer outfit
and relieved of his Canadian bought Leica!  What I forgot to tell you was,
he's  still interested in a couple of the younger girls, one 89 and the
other 91! :) Hell of a deal!:)

Now see what you guys got to look forward to, you gotta keep thinking
positive. and keeping them Leicas warm and used! :):)

So the bottom line at the moment, if you're shooting something that really
requires the motor go with the R7 and not the R8. However, when the R8
motor is on your camera.....that means when they are actually here and
working.... I'd be using the R8 over the R7.
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant