Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Black vs. silver
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:36:55 EDT

In a message dated 9/10/99 10:43:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cmadigan@top.monad.net writes:

<< Friends,

 I have a DS M-3 w chrome Summacron 50 f/2 lens and am planning to get a
 new M-6 classic w Summacron 35 f/2 pre asph lens. Still waffling on
 black or silver though. Black seems great for that unobtrusive street
 thing, the silver looks a lot like the old M-3 - classic. I've read one
 man's opinion that the silver wears better over time. Any
 thoughts/preferences?

 Chris Madigan
 cmadigan@monad.net >>

For the price and weight of the pre-ASPH in chrome you could probably get an
ASPH in black and have the optical advantages (see Erwin's site for
particulars), if this is a consideration.