Subject: [Leica] Shutter not closing
From: Milos Kocman <milos@kocman.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 01:54:41 +0200

Hi all,

today I thought I might give my M6s a little exercise, a few shutter
releases at every speed. The unexpected struck again - it's deja vu for
me - and on one of the cameras, at half second speed, the shutter opened
and remained so.. for several seconds, then it closed again. I tried
releasing the shutter at that speed again, many times, got one more
sticky occurence, this time it took the curtain less time to swing back.

I am uncertain as to what to do - should I have the camera serviced or
will the problem go away with more use/exercise at that speed. I should
note that I almost never use speeds below 1/4 of a second and that the
camera is about a year old. Which means it's still under warranty.

I'd appreciate any sage comments - I would hate to make another trip to
Solms but would if it's necessary.

Greetings,

Milos
- --