Subject: Re: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon (and R. Singh)
From: Rob Schneider-Laura Tully <robslaurat@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 23:44:21 -0400

Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 17:28:06 -0700
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon

Dan Cardish wrote:

> Well, maybe it is time to reconsider what is often written in
the posts
> here.  They ain't necessarily true.
>
> Dan C.
>
> At 11:35 AM 08-09-99 EDT, InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:
> [snip]
>
> >the best?  So, if it is true what is written often in the
posts here, i.e.
> >that Leica glass "blows away" or "kicks the crap" out of
everyone else's
> >glass, wouldn't you stop to wonder how that has eluded someone
like Rowell
> >throughout a career spanning decades?  This isn't a put-down
of Rowell's
> >visionary talent, it is simply a question posed regarding
equipment choices
> >made by someone who has devoted no small amount of space in
his books and
> >magazine columns to discussions of his equipment.

I didn't hear anyone say anything negative about Singh. And he
switched to Nikon
from Leica: even more painful then never having used them. And
flash on camera
yet. An easy victim. Yet his work defies cliche and reeks of
greatness yet has
great subtlety. And in color. But nice subtle color.
Mark Rabiner
Raghubir Singh shot mostly Kodachrome 25, so basically there was
no negative to speak of. ;-)

Rob Schneider

     Strangers have the best candy.