Subject: Re: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon
From: "Pete Su" <psu_test@jprc.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 18:41:04 -0400

This thread has quickly gotten pointless.

Rowell uses Nikon gear because he started using Nikon gear and the Nikon
gear that he uses does what he wants and doesn't break for him. If you
read through the large amount of text he has written about his photography,
this much would be obvious.

35mm photography, and much of what Rowell does, is not about ultimate
sharpness or technical quality. Its about caturing the fleeting moment,
whether it be the decisive ones, or the ones with mountains and light on
them. That's what he does. I think he does it pretty well. I think it would
be pointless for him to use any other equipment than what he wants and
is comfortable with, whether it be a Leica or a 4x5.

Oh, and for the record, the nikon 75-150/3.5 E zoom is a great lens.

Pete