Subject: RE: [Leica] Help printing scanned Leica negatives!
From: Frank Conley <frankconley@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 06:27:38 -0700 (PDT)

Of course, the better the input, the better the output. My point is,
however, that there is a point of diminishing returns. If the end
medium is going to be an inkjet photo printer, why not sell the M6 (or
R or whatever) and buy a Mac G4, a high end scanner, and some EOS L
series lenses to make your life easier. Any quality increase the Leica
glass could give you will be lost in the final "print" quality. It
seems that if the digital darkroom is the goal, it's better to allocate
one's resources on the part that takes the most work and that you have
the most control over--PhotoShop and scanning.

This all presumes that one (like me) has limited resources with which
to work. ;)

- --Frank