Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M and R Future
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:07:48 -0400

At 09:50 PM 9/7/1999 -0700, Roger Beamon wrote:
>The word "junk" was used about the Cosina camera with the
>reader only able to conclude that the lenses were similar. Strong
>implication, I'd say. You got actually hot over Tom A's words of
>moderate praise.

Yes, I did describe the camera as "junk" and later stated that this was an
intemperate description.  I never made any such statement about the lenses,
nor was any "implication" intended -- Roger, you might be a bit over-subtle
in interpreting!

Tom Abrahamson's statements here and in VIEWFINDER in praise of the
Skoparex were not "moderate", but outright laudation.  His pictures, as
reproduced in VIEWFINDER, do not back this assertion up, in my estimation.
It has been suggested, and I have agreed, that I should look at some hard
prints shot with this lens to avoid the quality-loss in mass production of
a newsletter.  So far, no one has offered such, so Tom and I must simply
disagree on this point.

Again, the 15mm seems a decent $500 lens.  No more, no less.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!