Subject: Re:Re: [Leica] Homophobic leicaphiles
From: kabob@tiac.net (Bob Keene/Karen Shehade)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:03:46 -0400

Ok-

as the only (as far as I know) person on this list who actually made a
living  writing and telling  jokes; let's get one thing straight-
There are several "schools" of comedy:

one where you make fun of everyone.
one where you hate everyone and make fun of them (notice the difference)
one where you make fun of yourself
one where you make fun of yourself and everyone else
one where you make fun of Leica's and their users (on-topic!)

A joke is a joke. Unless it is a joke bred in "hate". Then it is a joke,
but also a weapon.
Often we laugh at things, and if we really thought about it, we'd probably
be ashamed of ourselves.
Case in point:

A homicidal pedophile and a 5 year old boy are walking into the deep woods
late at night.
The young boy looks up at the pedophile and says, "Jeez, mister it's dark
and I'm really scared!"
The pedophile replies, "Hey kid, you think you're scared? I gotta walk
outta here all by  myself!!"

When I was a working stand up I told jokes about everything from my
mother's fake orgasm's to my own alcoholism...

If you don't like a joke, don't tell it again.

Just for the record, I didn't write the pedophile joke, I wish I had
though. It's brilliant.

regards,

Bob Keene