Subject: Re: [Leica] Galen Rowell and Nikon
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:58:40 -0700

At 5:56 PM -0300 9/7/99, Robert G. Stevens wrote:

>On another note, Galen is surprisingly short when you see him in person.  I
>would guess he is under 5.5 feet tall.  The images you see of him do not
>portray his height as being that short.  Not that height has anything to do
>with a persons skills, but it just seemed paradoxical for a well travelled
>adventurer to be so short.  I guess the Indianna Jones movies have us
>programmed to expect these adventures to be taller.

Galen used to be tall and use a good camera, then the succumbed to the lure
of Nikon lucre, and sunk lower and lower. If he continues using plastic
Nikon lenses, he will 'shortly' have to reach up to get at his camera
bag....

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com