Subject: [none]
From: "Stuart Phillips" <stuart.phillips@umb.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 22:14:13 -0400

<Also the person who posted the original complaint under this heading made
<a very negative comment about North Carolina a few weeks ago....being
<from the south I am used to this kind of statement as we are always
<accused of being racist/bigoted just because of our accents...maybe this
<fellow should look to his own prejudices before posting such nonsense to
<the list.

I am the person who posted a comment about North Carolina.  I did so based
not on the accents of  those living in the southern states but on the
appalling history (if history is the word for something which happened a
mere twenty years ago) of  their treatment of blacks. I'm sorry if North
Carolina wasn't as I said "Last in civil rights" - maybe second to last.  Oh
yeah, and to forestall the obvious, some of my best friends are black too.