Subject: [Leica] Stammering also
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:15:10 +1000

CCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I stammer in disbelief.  There are several others you left off the list,
the most prominent being, of course, Rolleiflex.  After all, the Rollei
List IS the LUG's sister group!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Marc,

I could not agree more. Rollei must be included in any all time great list,
and they seem to have put themselves into a niche market quite nicely.
Concentrating on the 6000 series cameras, and deserting [sob sob] the 3003
was a disaster for moi, but a good ploy by them. Now they are moving back
up the 35 lists with point and shoots and more fashionable versions [which
seem to have flopped big time as well], and perhaps it is inevidable that
Leica becomes a rangefinder group, and will have to abandon SLR dreaming.

I hasten to add that an autofocus 3003 remains my dream SLR, but I'd hate
to send Rollei broke making it, and I sure hope that the R8 is not the
death of Leica. Helen asked me if we should think of selling the R8, and I
replied that even if it were discontinued, Leica have always supported
their older cameras well, but if there is no Leica---------------

cheers

Alastair Firkin