Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-2
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:22:46 EDT

rlsaylor@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Are there any reliability problems with the M4-2? I don't need/want
 the additional framelines of the M4-P.

 Thanks,
 Richard >>

I have an M4-2 which worked flawlessly for 15 years, had it CLA'd, and it
continues to function perfectly.  That said, any M4-2 is about 20 years old
and by now its reliability (good or bad) is probably going to be more
relative to how it's been treated than how it was made.  I mean, if you find
one now, 20 years later, and it's working fine, it's probably pretty reliable.