Subject: Re: [Leica] Motor Drive R8
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:14 +0100 (BST)

Pascal wrote:

> Later in the day, a well-informed person told me privately (but without
> reservation) that Leica was working on an AF R body indeed. And that
> this new body would mean NEW lenses. What was thought impossible up to
> then, had now come true: the Contax 645 was the proof that it was
> possible to have AF lenses while retaining their mechanical precision
> and stability

Yes, I remember you saying that. The implication - of it's true - being
that the line about precision and AF being used on the factory tour now
*is* commercial smoke & mirrors.

I wonder if this means that the collaborator is Kyocera?

And I know what you mean about the new Contax 645, I'm more impressed each
time I try it. If I hadn't spent *way* too much money on 5x4 this year I
could be tempted.