Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica M and R
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:30:57 -0300

Paul:

I think they replace some of the capacitors in the camera with a different
rating.  This may or may not have anything to do with the static problem.
The static problem is thst the rear display would reset if you used the
camera in the winter and it rubbed against your nylon jacket.  They also do
a fix for the static by putting more sheilding in.  All I know is that when
the cameras come back I no longer have any problems with the winder and or
the display on the back.

As for Leica NJ, I don't get the impression they make this service known,
with the fear they will get all the R8's back.  I think this service was
for the early R8's to bring them up to the current R8's.  The one I just
had done was an early serial number, probably in the first 250 built.  My
other R8 is about three years old and a bit later serial number, but it had
the rear display problem until I sent it in.

Regards,

Robert